Wednesday, December 02, 2009

On the Fifth Day . . .

of Christmas, QKD gave to me -- Happy Holly Days!

Okay, again a traditional Christmas stamp set; of course, with the fabulous snow flakes, you could use it for a winter project. I used it for my 3-D Christmas ornament. I used my Cricut to cut out three star shapes (you could use stars, circles, etc. I have even done this with Christmas trees with my students. Just make sure that what ever you decide to use that it is asymmetrical.) I used three, but depending on how many panels you want you could add more; for circles, I usually use five or six.

After cutting out my stars, I then used one of the snowflake stamps from Happy Holly Days and my Tim Holtz distress inks to randomly stamp on the stars. Then I used my bone folder to score the lines and folded and glued together.



I then punched a hole in top and threaded in my ribbon. But think about this project; after I finished I realized that if you do name cards for Christmas wouldn't this be a great way to mark someone's place. I would use the three panels, but do not score and fold the third star. Fold and score two stars and glue to the third one; you could write the person's name on the flat third panel.

Tomorrow is a fun, non-traditional card.

While you are at it today, make sure you stop by QKD's store because it is new release day!! The Wednesday group is hoping along today, so make sure you start from the QKD blog and follow them along.

Here is the list for Wednesday's blog hop.

QKD blog
Shannon's blog
Jules' blog
WIS blog
Bev (SG's) blog
Andrea's blog
Lara's blog
Anessa's blog
Nina's blog
Nancy's blog
Queen Kat Designs Store



5 comments:

Anita said...

So cute Penny :)

Steph Ackerman said...

Great idea Penny.

2amscrapper said...

lovely star!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

i LOVE this Penny!!! sooooooo many awesome ideas!!!

Anita said...

This is just fabulous Penny.

Followers

Contributors

Blog Archive