of Christmas, QKD gave to me -- Happy Holly Days!
Okay, again a traditional Christmas stamp set; of course, with the fabulous snow flakes, you could use it for a winter project. I used it for my 3-D Christmas ornament. I used my Cricut to cut out three star shapes (you could use stars, circles, etc. I have even done this with Christmas trees with my students. Just make sure that what ever you decide to use that it is asymmetrical.) I used three, but depending on how many panels you want you could add more; for circles, I usually use five or six.
After cutting out my stars, I then used one of the snowflake stamps from Happy Holly Days and my Tim Holtz distress inks to randomly stamp on the stars. Then I used my bone folder to score the lines and folded and glued together.
I then punched a hole in top and threaded in my ribbon. But think about this project; after I finished I realized that if you do name cards for Christmas wouldn't this be a great way to mark someone's place. I would use the three panels, but do not score and fold the third star. Fold and score two stars and glue to the third one; you could write the person's name on the flat third panel.
Tomorrow is a fun, non-traditional card.
While you are at it today, make sure you stop by QKD's store because it is new release day!! The Wednesday group is hoping along today, so make sure you start from the QKD blog and follow them along.
Here is the list for Wednesday's blog hop.
Bev (SG's) blog
Queen Kat Designs Store
- ► 2011 (40)
- ► 2010 (89)
- Starting January 1, Brandy Designs will be celeb...
- QKD Blog Hop - Techique Week
- Lost Days Sale at QKD
- QKD Blog Hop - Color Challenge
- On the Twelfth Day of Christmas . . .
- On the Eleventh Day . . .
- On the Tenth Day and the QKD Monday Blog Hop
- On the Ninth Day of Christmas . . .
- On the Eight Day of Christmas . . .
- On the Seventh Day of Christmas . . .
- On the Sixth Day of Christmas . . .
- On the Fifth Day . . .
- On the Fourth Day of Christmas . . .
- ▼ December (13)
- ► 2008 (101)