Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sept. 28 - Special Project Blog Hop!

QKD is blog hopping again!!! You should have started at the QKD blog, hopped along, made it to the Whimsical Ink blog, and now you are here!!!

The challenge this week was to based our project around "Back to School." Being a teacher and having two children in school, I had a couple of ideas, but I ended up a little "off" from my original idea.

Here's the card/holder that I came up with for this week's hop.



So, the "back to school" major element is that I used two brown paper lunch bags to make the card. I cut off the ends of the bags (the folded stand up part) and then sewed the two bags together. For stamps, I thought that Alice was a perfect person to represent "learning," so I used the Little Miss Alice Stamp and the Explore word stamp from the April 2009 Royal Kit; this kit is still available in 6x6 or 12x12.

Thanks for stopping by and now it is time to see what fabulosity Jules has for us this week.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

PENNY!!! I love this card!!! the sepia tone is so awesome!!

My name is Wynneth said...

I absolutely adore this project Penny, little miss alice is perfect and I sooo... love the globe image on the left. Great idea to use lunch bags too !
hugs
wynneth
x

Chris said...

love this!!

Scrappers' Ranch said...

Love it! I am crazy about Globes!
Great card, thanks for sharing.
Bonnie
ascrapabove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute project!

Katrina Hunt said...

Love this!!!!

Followers

Contributors