Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Random Thoughts

When I pulled up my blog today, I had planned to write about my stress, about how overwhelmed that I was feeling, but instead of going straight to the compose new post, I stopped to look my Reading List -- you know that list of posts from the blogs that you follow -- and I pulled up the latest blog entry from Women to Women: Sharing Jesus and these words by Diane Nobel struck such a chord in me:

Do you believe this? Do you really believe that no matter how bad things become, we have a Savior who has power and authority over it? Do you believe that no sickness you or your loved ones experience has to be the end of the story? Do you believe as you look at the death, decay, destruction and decadence on every side of you, that Jesus is standing in front of it? Sometimes I think our globe must surely resemble a tomb in a cosmic cemetery from God's perspective. But if you look closely enough, there is One with a scroll in His hand and He is about to unfurl it. If you're attentive enough, you can see He is taking a deliberate breath. And I have no doubt, that when He speaks again...it will be thunderous!

13 Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant
about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men,
who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again
and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus
those who have fallen asleep in him.
15 According to the Lord's own word,
we tell you that we who are still alive,
who are left till the coming of the Lord,
will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven,
with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel
and with the trumpet call of God,
and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 After that, we who are still alive and are left
will be caught up together with them in the clouds
to meet the Lord in the air.
And so we will be with the Lord forever.
18 Therefore encourage each other with these words.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Do you believe this? Then may you be encouraged by it today!


What a glorious Father I have and no matter what I do believe in Him and all that He has given me! I know that Diane was talking about the stress in my life, but yet, these verses were what I needed today, a reminder that there is nothing He cannot overcome, even death. And all of these earthly struggles are just that earthly. If He can raise Lazarus from the dead, He can provide every one of my needs. Sometimes I need a reminder that He provides and I praise Him for that!




No comments:

Followers

Contributors